Re: Installing NETBSD 1.2 on Amiga

I'm sure this is no official -1.2 release. I don't know who did it,
you don't know who did it, so you can't be sure what it might be
without recompiling everything from the official sources and comparing
the binaries bit by bit.

Furthermore, this kind of packaging is not intended for installation
from scratch. You might succeed to use it to upgrade your existing
NetBSD-1.1 system, maybe; the the intended use is to allow users of
the experimental distribution to skip major steps which are not easy
to do from the sources due to e.g. compiler changes, or who don't have
enough CPU power to recompile everything regularly.

You might even succeed to use it to install, _IF_ it is indeed the
version you think it is, and _IF_ you have the kernel, miniroot, and
installation tools from the official distribution. I would know how to
do it. But it is not intended to be used this way, and the INSTALL
document doesn't indicate how to do it.