Re: NetBSD1.2 hangs sometimes.

> >  During executing of big programs, NetBSD hangs up.
> >  The system simply stops. At X11 it's possible to move
> >  the mouse pointer some seconds before he also 'hangs'.
> >  At most (nearly everytime) the HD-LED is on.
>
> Hm... this points to a SCSI driver bug, I guess. Or a bad SCSI
> cable/SCSI termination.

I don't hope that. IMHO I've set everything correct. But I can't
test that, because I'm not at home where my computer is.

> >  I hope anybody can help me. Or what shall I do, to find the fault or
> >  make a better error report ?
>
> Yes please:
>
> >  A2000
> >  GForce 030/50 16MB ( 32MB swap )
> >  Piccolo SD64 / 4MB -> ite3 is console
> >  NetBSD 1.2 / X11R6.1
>
> Excuse my ignorance. What's the disk driver? Best include (at least)
> dmesg output.

That's ( see above ) is also the reason why I can't post a dmesg-output
at  this moment. :-(  I'll sent this later.
My kernel config file has only set the following scsi stuff.

gvpbus*         at zbus0
gtsc0           at gvpbus?              # GVP series II scsi

scsibus*        at gtsc0

sd*     at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # scsi disks
cd*     at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # scsi cd's

> Regards,
>       Ignatios Souvatzis

Thanks for hints

        Ingo