X11R6.1 c r a w l s !

I'm curious whether anyone is suffering the same problems upon an X11R6-->
X11R6.1 upgrade as I am having.  I have a home-cooked 1.2 kernel, a Picasso
II (w/ 45ns RAM), and the Oct. 1 X11R6.1 binaries from Bernd Ernesti, and
a Warp Engine 040/40.

With the old 1.1 Xcl server, I was able to specify -memclock 59.  It was the
lowest value I could get without screen garbage, but it made for an extremely
fast X server.  The new all-in-one Xamiga server by Bernd is not only slower--
it's _really_ slow.  XTerm can't scroll without visibly painting the window
from top to bottom, pixel by pixel.  Makes kernel compiles a real drag, s'fer
damn sure.

I'd experiment with dropping back to the old Xcl, but I'd hate to lose the
middle button emulation and the hardware cursor.

Any thoughts?  I'd love to get speedy again.

dhop (bard%gw.hopper.aa.net@localhost)