Re: ppp connect (fwd)

   Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 12:40:44 +0200 (MESZ)
   From: Stephan Quitzsch <wir95ccv%rzaix340.rz.uni-leipzig.de@localhost>

   Sure, but I have a problem with my modem sometimes locks completely. This
   is perhaps caused by the terminalserver which sets the real speed to 7200
   baud and my modem doesn't understands this - 7200 isn't mentioned in the
   handbook. It works ok when speed is set to 4800 or 9600 by the
   terminalserver. Is there a way to forbid 7200 baud?

Ask the maintainer of the terminalserver.

Sane modems would be locked at some high baud rate and only change the
rate which they use on the phone line.