shared lib and non-shared lib

Hi, everyone:

I have a problem here. I am trying to build a shared library, after I
compiled object files with -fpic flag, I linked them using  -Bshareable
Flag. That resulted __vt$7istream$3ios undefined. I try to build up it
with -fpic flag disabled and ar and ranlib the object files to create a
random library. And the result is very fine. I checked /usr/lib
libg++.so.2.0, in which there is no above mentioned function. How can I
modify the code to result iostream function which libg++.so.2.0 recognizes?

cs_yus%cs4.lamar.edu@localhost