Re: how do I disable IPv6?

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 11:05 PM Michael van Elst <mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost> wrote:

> ndp -i <interface> disabled
>
> See ndp(8) for details.

I wanted to see this behavior in action so I started testing. Looks
like ndp -i <interface> delete still leaves the autoconfigured IPv6
addresses on the interface. I tried setting it in /etc/rc.local but I
still got autoconfigured addresses at boot time. Not sure if this
matters or not in the context of the question.

I'm using dhcpcd and it provides the -4 option which prevents any IPv6
addresses from being configured at boot time. I'm guessing some
creative use of options in /etc/rc.conf could achieve disabling IPv6
on a per interface basis if one is using dhcpcd.

Andy