Re: WDCTL_RST

On Fri, 24 Aug 2018 at 16:59, Patrick Welche <prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost> wrote:

> I updated the BIOS for an Asus Prime X370-PRO from version 3803 to 4012,

I did this a few days ago too....

> and now all of the real disks fail with "clearing WDCTL_RST failed".

Yes.. yes they do.

> The machine boots, because the M.2 "disk" is detected and works fine.

You're lucky, I have my root on SATA.

I was upgrading from 3404 to the latest, and was unable to persuade
the bios file for 3404 to take to downgrade. (This was using the BIOS
EzFlash).

However I have managed to downgrade to a version that works, I can't
remember the exact version number, but there's 2 released within a few
weeks of each other, it was one of those.

I'll look when I get home later on and follow up with the correct version.

Cheers

Ian