Re: Tip regarding nvidia optimus (dual graphics nvidia/intel) and efiboot

That's what I was doing since the last drmkms updates on my HP Envy
with Intel 530 and NVidia Geforce GT 950M - I have 'disable genfb;
disable nouveau; disable nouveaufb' in my boot.cfg; the other way
doesn't work, the 950M is not recognized yet.

I've got some weird problems though - I can't use gdm or xdm. The
former does not receive the keyboard focus at all, so one cannot input
username / password, the latter lets me start typing a username, but
then it starts and endless repeat of one of the characters from the
name; in both cases I have to press the power button to start shutdown
(switching to alternative console doesn't work at this moment for some
reason). xfce4 works ery well for me, when started with 'startxfce4',
which obviously starts the X server, but if I logout and find myself
in the console, the keyboard is in some weird state whereby each press
generates two characters - as if using UTF terminal emulator.

--
----