Re: X11R7 on amd64: Undefined PLT symbol "_XGetRequest" (symnum = 99)

You wrote:

> --=-=-=
.
.
.
> Not what you asked, but 7.0 is old relative to the netbsd-7 branch (and
> 7.1.x), and unless you have an existing 7.0 install in
> large-customer-facing production (doesn't sound like that :), you are
> probably better off with newer.

Really I want to move to 8.0 (and have had to put 8.0 RC1 on some new
servers for the sake of USB drivers), but a release upgrade is a
significant upheaval (8 machines to migrate), and there is the
possibility of unintended breakages, as with the move from 5.x to 7.0.

.
.
.

> Make really sure there are no extra/newer X libraries.   And that you
> don't have modular X installed from pkgsrc (X11_TYPE=modular).

X is stock off-the-ISO-image.   Is there an efficient way to check for
extra/newer libraries?   Of course what would be really nice would be
if someone else had had the same problem and resolved it.

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>