Re: Errors accessing Internal SDHC adapter and disk NetBSD 8.0_RC1 AMD64

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 06:15:39PM -0700, Jason White wrote:
> Using NetBSD 8.0 RC1 AMD64 UEFI installer image on an intel "Z83-V" mini PC
> with an Atom processor and UEFI with no legacy boot support, so interested
> in UEFI booting.
>
> While booting, and anytime the internal disks are probed/accessed (which is
> frequently during sysinst) I see man of the following types of messages:
>
> sdhc0: cmd timeout error
> sdhc0: cmd timeout error
> ld0d: error reading fsbn XXX of XXX-YYY (ld0 bn XXX; cn 0 tn 8 sn 8),
> retrying
> [...over and over with various values of XXX and cn/tn/sn...]
> sdhc0: auto_cmd12 error
> sdhc0: data arc error
> sdhc0: cmd timeout error
>
> etc., etc.
>
> Booting without ACPI gave the same results.
> Booting without ACPI and without SMC caused the kernel to be unable to
> determine the boot device and prompt for the root device. Cursor looks like
> it's flashing very quickly and I can't enter any text.
>
> I can access other USB devices and install to them just fine, but would
> much prefer to use the internal 32GB.
>
> --
> Jason White

You might have better luck after this commit by jak.
https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2018/05/16/msg095254.html

It's not yet in -8. You will need a current kernel like e.g. from
nycdn.netbsd.org.
This or similar will be backported to -8 soon, I imagine.