Re: how do I disable IPv6?

On Feb 27,  8:20pm, Andy Ruhl wrote:
} On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 2:09 PM, Robert Elz <kre%munnari.oz.au@localhost> wrote:
} > Huh?   I'm using a wifi interface, and DAD happens, and "works"
} > (at least it fails to discover any duplicates, which should be correct
} > as there should be none, but until it does find a legitimate one, I
} > cannot really be sure it is working).
}
} There is DAD which shouldn't happen (but humans can cause it quite
} easily which should be easy to test), and then there is DAD for a link
} local address which *really* shouldn't happen. Although I've heard
} stories of duplicate MAC addresses from unscrupulous vendors before.

     Is Sun an unscrupulous vendor?  Traditionally, all network
interfaces on a Sun box had the same MAC address.  Of course, most
Sun admins were well aware of this fact and knew not to connect
multiple interfaces to the same network segment.

}-- End of excerpt from Andy Ruhl