Re: which file system, FFSv1 or FFSv2?

On Feb 12, 12:43am, Christos Zoulas wrote:
} In article <CAKP-rwE0oP6xoFdG1Ghgzv3zaV+pXzoFpFNuSYWesb121hz=ig%mail.gmail.com@localhost>,
} Henry  <nbsd4ever%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
} >When doing a new install of 7.0.2 you're asked to choose what file
} >system to use.
} >It's the first time for me to see "FFSv1" and "FFSv2."  What are the advantages/
} >disadvantages of one over the other?  Is there a "recommendation" for the amd64
} >port?  TIA.
}
} I usually choose FFSv2 for most modern machines and FFSv1 for ones where
} their prom bootloader does not understand FFSv2. Amd64 is a modern machine.

     More to the point, amd64 doesn't use a PROM bootloader.

}-- End of excerpt from Christos Zoulas