Re: amd64 on MacBook Pro 5,5 (mid 2009)?

I have a 2008 MacBook Pro.  NetBSD 7 amd64 (netbsd-7 stable branch, but
all versions I have run are ok ) works mostly fine, except that I am
having problems with wifi, both the builtin athn, a TPLINK USB urtwn0,
and a USB rum0.

So I would say try it, and see how it goes.  Once you are ok with wiping
the disk the install is easy, especially if the machine is so old as to
actually have a CD drive.

I am also running NetBSD 7 i386 with almost no issues on a 2006ish white
MacBook.  I didn't try i386 on it; I wanted to have a pkgsrc build
machine for each architecture.

(I don't run X11 because both of these machines have problems; one has a
stuck mouse button and on the other the U key is flaky.  But that's not
about NetBSD and made them free to good home. :-)

A machine that old surely has 4 GB or less.  So running i386 mode
wouldn't hurt that much.  But try amd64, and please report back for the
archives.