Re: Time passing slowly

On Wed 05 Oct 2016 at 19:33:37 -0400, Mouse wrote:
> and the rest are identical except for the processor number (of course)
> and...the clock frequency.  Hmm!

Interesting, I just tried the same and I got similarly

$ grep MHz /proc/cpuinfo
cpu MHz         : 3292.73
cpu MHz         : 3292.68
cpu MHz         : 5107.3
cpu MHz         : 3581.79

The other info is

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 10
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz
stepping        : 7
cpu MHz         : 3292.68
fdiv_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm

and this is with NetBSD 7.0.1.

I don't know if this has to do with hyperthreading (afaik it has 2 cores
and hyperthreading, so two "cpus" are fake). I do use estd to
dynamically adjust the cpu speeds.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.