Re: Installing 32-bit packages on 64-bit systems

On 5 August 2014 11:09, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
>  I would suggest
> chrooting into /emul/netbsd32 and running the included pkg_add, so that
> the packages are recorded in the chroot's /var/db/pkg.

Note: I'm crossposting to port-amd64 because that's where I think it belongs.

I wonder, and I was also wondering with regards to linux emulation,
wouldn't chrooting into /emul/whatever defy the principle of
emulation? How can the system emulate a foreign architecture if it
doesn't know where to find the system calls in the kernel? Or would it
know it anyway?

Clarification needed, please.

--
Ottavio