pxeboot

In the "new age" (ahem - how many years?) of boot.cfg and kmods I see that
installboot for i386,amd64 has modules and bootconf options.
First question is how one gets from

        IB_MODULES =    1<<21,          /* i386: load modules */
        IB_BOOTCONF =   1<<22,          /* i386: read boot.conf */

to "flags c"? (I hope I set them correctly) (-current/amd64 pxeboot_ia32.bin)

Boot options:        timeout 5, flags c, speed 9600, ioaddr 0, console pc

Next, pxeboot(8) suggests that:

     2.   The NetBSD pxeboot program takes control.  It immediately issues
          another DHCP request to get the name of a boot.cfg(5) file to load,
          using ``boot.cfg'' by default.  If the boot config file is not

but all I see is a request for "netbsd". (Didn't manage to set bootconf option?)

Trying by hand

  load tftp:miniroot.kmod
  boot tftp:netbsd                          (NetBSD_6.1_STABLE/amd64 GENERIC)

gets

  read header failed: Unknown error: code 60

which might be different to

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2011/04/28/msg002388.html

as options EXEC_ELF32 does appear in 6.1 GENERIC.

Is the above the right track for how things are meant to work?

Back to popping everything in dhcpd.conf and MEMORY_DISK_IS_ROOT...

Cheers,

Patrick