Re: watchdog?

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 11:41:24AM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
> [...]
> I also saw docs mentioning that some Intel chipsets have WDT.  But
> info is very limited.  Not sure if it's real.

They do; some of them even have several:
Available watchdog timers:
        ipmi0, 0 second period
        ichlpcib0, 367 second period

ichlpcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0: Intel 63xxESB LPC Interface Bridge (rev.
0x09)
timecounter: Timecounter "ichlpcib0" frequency 3579545 Hz quality 1000
ichlpcib0: 24-bit timer
ichlpcib0: TCO (watchdog) timer configured.
ipmi0 at mainbus0
ipmi0: version 2.0 interface KCS iobase 0xca2/2 spacing 1

Available watchdog timers:
        ichlpcib0, 38 second period [armed, user tickle, pid 11]
timecounter: Timecounter "ichlpcib0" frequency 3579545 Hz quality 1000
ichlpcib0: 24-bit timer
ichlpcib0: TCO (watchdog) timer configured.

Basically, all hardware I have which has a IPMI BMC includes a ipmi watchdog;
and most intel P4 or newer desktop or server I have includes a ichlpcib
watchdog.