Re: Does that work? Intel C204 PCH Chipset on /AMD

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 01:57:35PM +0100, Markus Illenseer wrote:
> Yes of course. I was under the impression, NetBSD/AMD is more stable than
> NetBSD/x86 anyway?

Not in general. I run both pretty heavily on various machines (and even
an i386 xen guest with PAE) and see no noticable differences when it comes
to stability.

There are a few subtle differences though, like pkgrc (and some
in-tree) software is allowed to assume things like SSE2 on the amd64
port, but not on all cpus supported by i386, so compiler flags are
better tuned by default (see Xorg and pixman for example).

So what Yves said: depends heavily on your application.

Sorry, can't tell you anything concrete about the exact system you asked.

Martin