Port-amd64 archive

i5 and invalid instructions

Hello all,

Just got my new work laptop, a Dell with an Intel i5-3320m processor. The
first thing I did after installing NetBSD was compile a new kernel and
distribution, with the cpuflags package installed.

cpuflags activates -march=native, which in my case enables everything up to
SSE4, AVX and all those other newfangled optimisations new processors have.
However, after installing the distribution, every command I try to run core-
dumps with "Illegal instruction"...

I'm still investigating what exactly is going on, and most importantly, what
causes the problem, and I'm not sure whether this is a NetBSD or a gcc
problem, but I just wanted to ask, has anyone seen this type of thing before?
(A quick web search seems to suggest not, but you never know...)

"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that in emergencies."