Re: Port specific man pages

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 10:38:21AM -0800, James Chacon wrote:
>> Is there any reason all of man8/i386 shouldn't be replicated into
>> man8/amd64? Things like mbr.8, bootselect.8, etc can all apply to an
>> amd64 box since booting via the bios is the same still.
>>
>> Basically very confusing to install and amd64 box and try to figure
>> out how to use mbr_bootsel when man -k mbr shows zero hits.
>
> Some time ago, src/share/man/man4/man4.x86 has been added for the common man
> pages, and it already contains a number of man pages, but there was no big
> push to move stuff there. Feel free to!
> It's easy, just copy the files, change the machine (last) in the .Dt argument
> to "x86", add it to the Makefile, cvs add, cvs remove at old location, and
> fix up the set lists.

I was mistaken about man -k (I'd swear I got nothing when I initially tried).

Ahh...you have to do man x86/est to get it's man page which seem
counterintuitive (was this a recent change in the last couple of
years? I don't remember having to do this in the past but it's been a
few years since I did anything with NetBSD).

James