Re: cleaning up NMI handling in trap()

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 03:27:00PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> Today I noticed that in trap() on amd64 and i386, the code for handling
> NMI is a rat's nest of #ifdefs.  I've tried to clean it up by adding
> some weak stub implementations for DDB and KGDB and letting the linker
> instead of the preprocessor configure the kernel.  Please have a look at
> the attached patch.  I'd like to commit something like it pretty soon.

I'd certainly consider using the preprocessor.
But in any case these aren't common code paths - so the extra call
doesn't matter much.

Do you need weak stubs, or just an archive library with a file for each
function.

OTOH a load of weak symbols on 'return 1' and 'return 0' will satisfy
a lot of stubs.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost