From: Silas Silva [mailto:silasdb%gmail.com@localhost]
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 10:09 AM
To: Derrick Lobo
Cc: 'Port-I386@Netbsd. Org'; 'Port-Amd64@Netbsd. Org';
current-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
Subject: Re: List of SAS controllers

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 09:49:28AM -0500, Derrick Lobo wrote:
> mpt0 at pci7 dev 0 function 0: vendor 0x1000 product 0x0059
> mpt0: interrupting at ioapic1 pin 14
>
> The server is slow a simple tar takes ages, database indexes takes days.
> Don't see any error on  dmesg so not sure what is causing these issues.

In a server, I have a 1064E:

    $ dmesg | grep mpt0 | head -n 2
    mpt0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0: Symbios Logic SAS1064E
    mpt0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 16, event channel 3

Since this patch...

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2007/07/26/0022.html

... NetBSD 5.0 seems to recognize my SAS controller, although it can't
enable write cache. Since at that time (when 5.0 was released) 5.0
couldn't enable it (don't know about nowadays...), I following OpenBSD
people workaround:

http://marc.info/?t=118443450500010&r=1&w=2

They recommended me to install Linux, enable the write cache and save
its configuration back to the controller, and install back NetBSD. It
worked, but it would be very cool if NetBSD supported it.

--
Silas Silva