Re: List of SAS controllers

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 09:49:28AM -0500, Derrick Lobo wrote:
> I am kind of at cross roads here, SCSI disk are getting difficult to get and
> very few SAS controllers are supported by netbsd, or at least I don't see a
> list at http://www.netbsd.org/support/hardware/pci.html
>
> What is recommended by netbsd looks like theres more support for SATA than
> SAS

I'd actually recommend a RAID controller.  Because, for a given manufacturer,
most of the RAID controllers share a uniform programming interface whether
the underlying disks are some flavor of SCSI (including SAS) or SATA, it
seems to me driver support's quite a bit better than for the dedicated SAS
controllers, and the cost isn't really all that much higher, either.