Re: Large disks with gpt on amd64

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 01:09:40PM +0200, Torsten Harenberg wrote:
> Now I want to use them inside NetBSD, but mbrlabel already shows strange
> partition sizes:

You have to use GPT for disks > 2TB. You should have dk devices for all
GPT entries. The gpt(8) command can be used for changing the disk,
though you might run into some issues the first time you convert from
MBR/disklabel to GPT as in "might need a reboot".

> And speaking about large disks, what would be an appropreate file system?

UFS2 is the only option for > 2TB right now.

Joerg