Re: Merging few files from i386/amd64 into x86

David Young <dyoung%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:
> Can you avoid using new #ifdefs, or else confine them to the top of the
> file?  They make even straightforward code hard to read. :-/

My goal is a little bit different than sprinkling #ifdefs in random places. ;)

> The vm_machdep.c are so alike that I wonder if you can pull out most of
> the code that is the same and stick it into sys/arch/x86/ ?
>
> I had a look at vm_machdep.c with a mind to reduce purely cosmetic
> differences.  I made the attached compilable but untested patch.  ISTR
> the differences can be reduced further by a few minor changes: for
> example, rename npxsave_lwp to fpusave_lwp.

I have committed various cosmetic reductions yesterday, including some
changes to vm_machdep.c code which are similar to yours (noticed your
email just today, since I was not in CC). Ideally, those #if NNPX > 0
should be removed by making npxsave_lwp() et al empty stubs.

--
Best regards,
Mindaugas