Re: cpuflags (optimal compiler flags for building)

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Urban Boquist wrote:

I'm not sure that I want to go as far, but one could claim that cpuctl
is too naive in the way it is trying to identify these CPUs. Just
using the family/model/stepping numbers are not giving enough
information to make a reasonable guess these days. Even Intel says
that you have to use the full "brand string" to do the identification.

        So the brand string should be unique for all Intel CPUs,
        even Celerons? Presumably cpuflags would need to match the
        CPU speed part of the brand string as well in some cases.

        Does anyone have a reference to a full list of brand strings
        and their CPU architectures?