Re: Please read if you use x86 -current

> > > And for folks who cross-compile?
> >
> > I have to ask: are you just trying to be difficult?
>
> Not even slightly.

Heh, it sure looked that way to me. :)

I've pasted in the part of Andrew's instructions which should
have been included as context in the above.

So, this comment just goes to how one should handle the "make" in
Andrew's initial instructions.

If you're doing your kernel or normal complete build using
build.sh, that script will set up a TOOLDIR for you.  So, if
you're cross-compiling, my suggestion:

> > [...] So when the
> > instructions said "make", that should be read as
> >
> > $TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-$ARCH

Still holds as a valid translation, you just need to know where
build.sh put it's TOOLDIR.

Now, I can sympathise with the request to have build.sh modified
to build and/or install the modules on request, but the way I see
it that is a slightly orthogonal argument to the above, which
goes to how to interpret the original instructions.

Regards,

- Håvard