Re: dk* drivers on NetBSD 5.0 (beta)-install

Le 6 nov. 08 à 15:17, Michal Suchanek a écrit :
On 06/11/2008, vincent <10.50%free.fr@localhost> wrote:
Hi folks,

I am trying to install NetBSD on my new Late2008 MacBook (aluminium case). While I've managed to make space for a decent partition and to install rEFIt, the install kernel will not allow me to copy the code on a dk wedge: I correctly get wd0, dk0,1 and 2 messages but I cannot choose anything else
than wd0 to install NetBSD on.

You can

a) build an install kernel w/o GPT support (just disable the single
option related to GPT)

I've tried that. I'm stuck in the boot process: the kernel hangs somewhere; I guess it is somehow related to the same bug I encountered with my office DELL: this is a multiprocessor boot issue. I've tried to disable pckbd, but to no avail. What I cannot explain is why it booted normally once.

Is there a way to disable multiprocessing?

Besides, the bootable CD-Rom is NOT recognized by rEFIt, so I have to rely on the built-in way to boot other media, that is holding the C key down while booting. But then I lose the possibility to choose options at boot time, thus to disable dynamically multiprocessing, probably because the boot menu sees a lot of Cs coming out of the keyboard and takes that for a 0 input.

b) install 4.01, build 5 BETA kernel w/o GPT support, and upgrade

Unapplicable: 4.01 won't start. After a short while (still in the discovery of the peripherals), the console shuts down, the screen blanks and the computer emits beeps indefinitely. Looks like a memory problem.

Still a long way to go…
Vincent