Re: cdrecord on amd64 ?

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 13:04:03 +0200
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
> is anyone using cdrecord on amd64 ? I'm having troubles getting it
> working with a DVD writer on amd64. The drive reports error like "illegal
> request", or sometimes it looks like the command doesn't even make it
> to the drive. While building cdrecord I've seen some warnings about
> "cast from pointer to integer of different size", so I suspect some
> LP64 issues here.

I am using cdrecord for CDRs and growisofs for DVDRs on my

===> lars@laphroaig:~ %dmesg | grep cd
cd0 at atapibus0 drive 0: <HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4081B, K2I41CG5459, A100> cdrom
removable
cd0: 32-bit data port
cd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (Ultra/33)
cd0(jmide1:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2 (Ultra/33) (using DMA)

running NetBSD/amd64 -current. It usually works fine.

I have however been able to lock the machine solidly when writing both
CDRWs and DVDR/DVDRWs. I am still trying to understand why (interrupt
issue? even mouse pointer stalls in X), but I think it is a separate
problem. This behaviour started a couple of weeks ago.

Best regards,
        Lars