Re: Booting a NetBSD-amd64 kernel with "grub"

Hello,

Maybe this is related to grub and large partition (and/or kernel physical
location).
For example, http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2006/10/17/0009.html or
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2007/03/04/0002.html

I faced it nearly everytime on /i386 and had to do the following trick:
- create a 1G root partition, using FFSv1 and 8k/1k block/fragment.
- copy /usr/pkg/xen3-kernel/xen.gz on the root partition so it is find by
grub.

Regards,
   Jo

On Mon, 19 May 2008 00:09:16 +0100, Matthias Scheler
<tron%zhadum.org.uk@localhost>