Re: Is amd64 ready for the desktop?

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
maintainer.)  I don't know what to do about Openoffice -- that's
serious enough that I contemplated switching back to i386.  In some

I used openoffice2-2.3.1nb3 this morning on amd64 and it worked like a champ.

Two bugs, which I'm sure will bite in more places than these:

 * File -> Open
 * File Type: Text CSV
 * Select some file
 * Open
 -> Crash

And, in a speardsheet (even new, empty spreadsheet)

 * Data -> Select Range
 -> Crash

I don't know if this is amd64 bug or in general a bug affecting NetBSD
or even any *nix. Under Windows those work, so it is not a general OOO
bug.

This happens with openoffice2-2.3.0 and openoffice2-2.3.1nb1.