Port-alpha archive

issues with x11 on real hardware

hello all!

i have a couple of alpha workstations i'm attempting to resurrect with netbsd, and though both are running happily on 9.1, i've been having issues getting x11 to work.

the machines are a pws600au with a powerstorm 3d30 and an alphastation 200 with an s3 trio 64v+, both supported machines and gpus as far as i can tell. i'm able to get what looks like a valid xorg.conf with X -configure, but when i use it, x11 complains about screens being detected but none having a usable configuration. running startx as my user both with and without an xorg.conf gives me a "connection refused" error from xinit. this happens regardless of how x11 is installed.

my xorg.conf: https://pastebin.com/krU8msVM
Xorg.0.log: https://pastebin.com/V6wPDT6E

appreciate any info you can provide!