Port-alpha archive

Re: Yes, NetBSD still boots on pretty ancient Alphas...

Anyway, as for Ethernet -- I definitely want to fix the DEPCA driver, if it's broken; hopefully that's the case, and not an issue with the board.  Does your board have an RJ45 connector?  I don't recall if any of the ISA DEPCA boards did.  Luckily, you can still find DEC DE204 boards on eBay (has RJ45 connector, supported by "lc" driver -- I have one in my AXPpci33, and SRM can even boot from it on that machine).

Yes the DE422 has RJ45. I have spare one so I can easily check but I am pretty sure that it works with Digital Unix and VMS on the same machine. But will check later.

I have found a DE205 and a DE200, but I think it should be configured with the ECU, so stay tuned ;)

(have to find a working floppy first)

No luck yet. I was trying to add a DE205 but I was unable to add it as an EISA card. According to the DE205 manual there is a config utility which can be run on a PC and set the card to work in EISA mode but I do not have a ISA/ESIA based PC any more...

I was able to add a DE200 (one time only) but it uses the same depca driver and also has the "fails to clear memory" problem.

The DE422 is working fine under Digital Unix 4.0E.

I am trying to find a really old (jumper based) ISA NE2000 or similar. I think the Jensen is really picky about the cards he accepts.

--

istvan