Port-alpha archive

Re: installboot killing disklabel?

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but i386 and thus also AMD expects the disklabel to be in sector 1 as it needs the space in sector 0 for the boot sector. Alpha and others do not use a boot sector and expects the disklabel to be in sector 0.

Could this be the reason why it gets trashed?

Anders

Sent from my iPhone