Port-alpha archive

prom_lock vs. LOCKDEBUG

Hi all,

It seems LOCKDEBUG has been broken on alpha ever since prom_lock was
converted to kmutex, and the kernel hangs before copyright.
I think the prom stuff is accessed too early in the boot to be able to
use kmutex when LOCKDEBUG is enabled. I recall sparc64 had a similar
problem a while back.
Should we switch to __cpu_simple_lock or is there a better way to
fix this?

(as a quick test, commenting out the prom_lock does get me to
multiuser)

Kind regards,
-Tobias