Port-alpha archive

Re: Making port-alpha usable again

John,

Am 13.07.2017 um 18:25 schrieb John Klos:
> One, the installer doesn't work on an empty disk. Running disklabel
> manually to create a disklabel and writing it to disk makes the
> installer capable of using the disk, newfs'ing it and running
> installboot against it.

I used -current (7.99) on my DEC 3000 AXP m400 to develop TC-USB, and
also tested it on a AlphaStation 200 4/166, as well as an AlphaPC 164LX.
All installations went well, but I can try again with -8.

> We have I2C busses which show 8 and 14 devices, but the device nodes
> for /dev/iic0 and iic1 needed to be made manually.

Shouldn't be a problem to add this to MAKEDEV.conf.

> I'd love to see NetBSD 8 running properly on Alpha :)

s/on Alpha/on this specific (my) Alpha/

Please no hasty conclusions :)

Cheers,
Felix