Port-alpha archive

Re: How to use X Window System on NetBSD/alpha?

Michael a écrit :
Hello,

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 15:11:28 +0100
BERTRAND Joël <joel.bertrand%systella.fr@localhost> wrote:

	Thanks a lot. But I'm unable to change resolution on my alpha (pm3
Oxygen). I would use 1280x1024x24 and I don't know how to fix this
resolution. Any idea ?

No DDC2 info from the monitor?
At least for X you can do the usual in the "screen" section:

Section "Screen"
         Identifier "Screen0"
         Device     "Card0"
         Monitor    "Monitor0"
         SubSection "Display"
                 Viewport   0 0
                 Depth     24
                 Modes  "1280x1024"
         EndSubSection
EndSection

Will need some additions to "Monitor" as well:

Section "Monitor"
         Identifier   "Monitor0"
         VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
         ModelName    "Monitor Model"
         HorizSync      30-100
         VertRefresh    55-65
EndSection

... otherwise Xorg will think you have an ancient VGA monitor.

No. It does work as expected. My screen is able to send information to graphic adapter (it works with a Linux box [amd64] running Xorg).

NetBSD/alpha tries to initialize console with following reolution : 1280x1024x8 :

pm3fb0: pm3 using 1280 x 1024 in 8 bit, stride 1280
wsdisplay0 at pm3fb0 kbdmux 1: console (default, vt100 emulation)

and if I tries to use different depth in xorg, X aborts. I'm trying to configure 1280x1024x24 for console _and_ X. I have tried to force this mode in pm3fb.c without any success. I haven't test your latest patch.

And I have seen some strange quirks. I'll send you a photo in a few minutes.

	Best regards,

	JKB