Port-alpha archive

Re: How to use X Window System on NetBSD/alpha?

Hello,

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 15:11:28 +0100
BERTRAND Joël <joel.bertrand%systella.fr@localhost> wrote:

> 	Thanks a lot. But I'm unable to change resolution on my alpha (pm3
> Oxygen). I would use 1280x1024x24 and I don't know how to fix this
> resolution. Any idea ?

No DDC2 info from the monitor?
At least for X you can do the usual in the "screen" section:

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Card0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
                Modes  "1280x1024"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Will need some additions to "Monitor" as well:

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "Monitor Model"
        HorizSync      30-100
        VertRefresh    55-65
EndSection

... otherwise Xorg will think you have an ancient VGA monitor.

There's always man xorg.conf for further info.

have fun
Michael