Port-alpha archive

Re: successful boot report

Hi Duck! Yes.. rather. I'm down in Melbourne. Why do I always think you have the SX? :)

Al.

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011, Staffan Thomén wrote:

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 08:16:41AM +0300, ..I'd rather be coding ASM! wrote:

There was two versions of the 164, the LX and SX if memory serves.
Only one of them was 'complete' enough to run VMS/Tru64, the other
was WinNT and Linux only.

Heh, sleepy, Al? Surely you remember my machine. There are in fact three
EB164 versions, the SX, one without letters, and LX. As far as I've been able
to find out, the SX only supports lower clock cpus, while the unnamed goes up
to 500MHz and the LX can handle higher ones.. I have a fuzzy memory about there
being differences in cache size as well.

Staffan

 Al Boyanich
 adb -w -P "world> " -k /dev/meta/galaxy/ksyms /dev/god/brain