Port-alpha archive

Re: Configuring Serial Printer - DEC 3000 Model 700 / NetBSD V4.0

First off, let me just say that the LPD code is a rather horrible nightmare of mediocrity and totally missing functionality when it comes to error detection, reporting, and handling.

There are a bunch of flat-out bugs too, esp. with handling state with drivers, IIRC.

I've got a set of patches from way back that try to address some of the problems. I've only ever used my hacked version to print over parallel and network ports. (I haven't used a serial printer since the SysV days on a 3b2) I could post some working sources and see if they help any if you're interested..... Someday I should try moving my changes forward to current code again to see what's still necessary.

But specifically: