Subject: Re: Alpha Xserver for MGA?
To: Stephen Degler <sdegler@degler.net>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/04/2002 23:49:33
On February 4, Stephen Degler wrote:
> I have a PWS500au with a Matrox Millenium 2 card in it, replacing
> the original 8 bit TGA.  SRM is happy with the card, and I've run X on it
> when under Linux.  I was wondering if anyone knows how hard it
> would be to get a working Xserver under NetBSD.  I'm thinking about just
> trying USE_XF86_4 and seeing what happens.  Any ideas or suggestions?

  I followed the instructions found in this email message, more or
less.

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-alpha/2001/09/29/0003.html

  It's unstable when acceleration is enabled, but seems to work ok
otherwise.  Any suggestions from more XFree86-knowledgeable folk would
be greatly appreciated. :-)

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire