[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
acorn32 console changes
over the past few weeks I've been updating the acorn32 console code in
-current to hopefully improve it's usability. Highlights include:
* virtual console support added. To enable make sure wscons=YES is in
your /etc/rc.conf, then use ctrl-alt-fx to switch console
* colour console. I've set the flag to indicate we can do colour on the
* console scrollback. shift+page-up and shift+page-down should scroll
the console up and down
* kernel messages are in green, so they stand out
* the default font is the default NetBSD 8-pixel wide font, rather than
the sony one we previously used.
* Console beep - fixed a 3 year old bug that stopped beep working on the
* only take vsync interrupts when we've something to do (less overhead
It should be noted that most of these items can be tuned using kernel
parameters and wscons utilities.
One caveat is that I've not tested these changes with an X server yet,
so it's possible I might have broken something, but I'm hoping I haven't.
Changes were tested on an A7000+ and SA Risc-PC with 2MB VRAM at 800x600
in 8bpp colour.
* 4bpp colour isn't working for some reason, need to investigate
* scrollback only works after switching virtual console.
Feedback (positive or negative :) would be good.
Main Index |
Thread Index |