Re: mk/git-package.mk (eliminates caching if no updates)

I'm not really clear on how things work, but it seems git should cache
the repository, and then git remote update -p and then git merge -no-ff
origin/master, erroring out if that isn't ok, and just leave the repo -
and then 2nd stage is checkout.  So I would expect git-specific cache
logic, and not really shareable with other VC systems.