Re: mk/git-package.mk (eliminates caching if no updates)

In the mail:
| From: Aleksej Saushev <asau%inbox.ru@localhost>
| Subject: Re: mk/git-package.mk (eliminates caching if no updates)
| Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 09:24:22 +0400

mef> I would like to add some modification to mk/git-package.mk.

ASau> If you're going to introduce this, do the same for all other
ASau> VCS-based packages. The code needs refactoring, and all such
ASau> non-synchronous changes complicate it.

Thanks for the valuable response. My observation is that
  cvs-package.mk
  hg-package.mk
  svn-package.mk
  git-package.mk
are the VCS-based packages, right ?
Among those, hg- has no cache function yet.

The problem for me for the moment is that cache for svn- and cvs- are
relatively small, while git- gets huge for it clones whole repository.
Emacs gets minimum 120MB and may get fat to 700MB.

Just thinking to minimize the duplication,
Thanks anyway,
---
Makoto Fujiwara,
Chiba, Japan, Narita Airport and Disneyland prefecture.