Re: Request to import wip/mc to pkgsrc

> This discussion has led me to check what mc version I'm using (linux,
> unrelated) and to my surprise it turned out I upgraded nearly half a
> year ago to 4.7.0.
mc-4.7 is now everywhere: FreeBSD, OpenBSD, most Linux-es.
And this happened for very good reasons. Huge amount of useful
work were done since 4.6 unmaintained by Miguel De Ikaza for many years.

> And yes I'm actively using it and no I haven't
> noticed any regressions in my usual workflow.

> If it is possible to distribute 4.6-like keybindings
Yes. Since 4.7 mc is able to configure keybindings.
It seems that M-o/M-i is the only problem introduced in 4.6 (4.6.2?).

> with the new
> version I would even suggest importing it as sysutils/mc, but
> sysutils/mc-470 shouldn't really bother anyone at all.
We have emacs20, emacs21, emacs22 (my favourite emacs), emacs23 and emacs24.
It whould not be a problem to have two or even three versions of MC.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.