Re: new version of logrotate

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 01:56:52PM +0200, Nils Ratusznik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started to rewrite from scratch sysutils/logrotate a few months ago, and
> got it working a few days ago. Before I import it, some questions :
> - should I import it (import.sh) as a new package or try and commit changes
> (not only I'm new in pkgsrc-wip, but also new to cvs) ?

Updates for packages in pkgsrc are usually better handled by sending
them as "cvs diff -u" with send-pr(1).

> - pkglint gives me this warning : The shell command "${SED}" should not be
> used in the install phase; where should it be used?

pkglint --explain gives help in these cases. Here it says:
WARN: Makefile:41--43: The shell command "${SED}" should not be used
in the install phase.

        In the install phase, the only thing that should be done is to
        install the prepared files to their final location. The file's
        contents should not be changed anymore.

Cheers,
 Thomas