Re: CVS commit: wip/llvm

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 01:39:00PM -0600, Larson, Timothy E. wrote:
> Looks like asau already did this.  I'm not sure what happened here, because
> after building the package I just did "make print-PLIST > PLIST" like I'd
> normally do.

'make print-PLIST' uses time stamps to find "new" files. If the
installation step doesn't change time stamps for some files, then they
might not get listed.

If you use USE_DESTDIR=yes, files get installed in a separate location
(not /usr/pkg) and 'make print-PLIST' is much more reliable because it
prints all files it finds there.

> However, now that I've got PKG_DEVELOPER set, I'm seeing all kinds of
> problems here I hadn't noticed before:

That's a problem I've been seeing for a long time now.

> => Checking for missing run-time search paths in llvm-2.6
> ERROR: bin/bugpoint: rpath relative to WRKDIR

During compilation, there are some -Wl,-R (CFLAGS) or -R or -rpath
(LDFLAGS) that point to the ${WRKSRC}. These should be changed to
point to ${PREFIX} instead.
 Thomas