Re: BUILD_DEPENDS

 >> From documentation I didn't understand what kind of software
 >> can be mentioned in USE_TOOLS?
 >> autoconf, gmake? Fine.
 >> What about
 >> USE_TOOLS += I_am_the_only_person_who_knows_about_this_rarely_used_tool?
 >> I.e. how many tools (and what exactly) can be mentioned in USE_TOOLS?

> The tools framework allows easy overriding of builtin tools, path names
> etc. It is also handy to simplify *_DEPENDS. It doesn't apply for
> anything.
I guessed about this. But I still need a full list of supported tool.
mk/replace.mk? What if I write
USE_TOOLS += gm4?
Will it work under NetBSD (where it external and is named gm4)
and under Linux (GNU version in most distributions)?
Is it possible to tell "I need POSIX compatible <program>".
On some systems, for example, awk == oawk.

BTW (another topic)
cheusov@chen>
0 0 ~>printf 'a\naa\naaa\naaaa\naaaaa\n' | /usr/bin/awk '/^a{3,4}$/'

cheusov@chen>
0 0 ~>printf 'a\naa\naaa\naaaa\naaaaa\n' | /usr/pkg/bin/mawk '/^a{3,4}$/'

cheusov@chen>
0 0 ~>printf 'a\naa\naaa\naaaa\naaaaa\n' | /usr/pkg/bin/gawk '/^a{3,4}$/'

cheusov@chen>
0 0 ~>printf 'a\naa\naaa\naaaa\naaaaa\n' | /usr/pkg/heirloom/bin/posix2001/awk
'/^a{3,4}$/'
aaa
aaaa

cheusov@chen>
0 0 ~>

> Reminds me that the list needs documenation.
 >> > (b) mark all tools, esp. msgfmt and friends as needed
 >> What do you think about this?
 >> .if ${OPSYS} != "NetBSD" # I know zlib is in NetBSD base system
 >> .include "../../devel/zlib/buildlink3.mk"
 >> .endif

> Bad. devel/zlib/builtin.mk is responsible to decide whether to use the
> native or pkgsrc version.
Ok.

> Don't forget that pkgsrc is not only about
> NetBSD and the set of system libraries varies greatly. Heck, the system
> library might not be supported at all, e.g. NetBSD curses vs. ncurses.

 >> > (c) mark all dependencies on libraries, even if they might exist
 >> > natively. buildlink3 should take care of deciding that.
 >> PREFER_PKGSRC/PREFER_NATIVE?
 >> See above about libbz2.

> That's what builtin.mk uses.
There is no pkgsrc package for bzlib.