pkglint -Wall

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006, Roland Illig wrote:

> You may also want to run pkglint to catch some more possible errors. First,
> simply run pkglint without any further options in the package directory, and
> if that's done and you're brave, try "pkglint -Wall".

Ok, I never tried this before..  am getting 'possibly misquoted' errors,
eg

WARN: Makefile:56: Possibly misquoted make variable WRKSRC in unquoted string.
WARN: Makefile:56: Possibly misquoted make variable dir in unquoted string.
WARN: Makefile:56: Possibly misquoted make variable QTDIR in unquoted string.
WARN: Makefile:56: Possibly misquoted make variable MKDIR in double quoted
string.
WARN: Makefile:56: Possibly misquoted make variable TEST in double quoted
string.

and line 56 is like this:

        cd ${WRKSRC}/${dir} && ${QTDIR}/bin/qmake "QMAKE_MKDIR=${MKDIR}"
"QMAKE_CHK_DIR_EXISTS=${TEST} -d"

does this mean I should put some quotes in there?

WRKSRC is a path
dir is a directory
QTDIR is also a path
MKDIR is presumably /bin/mkdir
TEST is presumably /bin/test

all the above technically could contain spaces, but I'm not sure how to
quote them correctly to get rid of these warnings (tried a few
permutations)

After your excellent post the other day regarding new pkglint errors
perhaps you could explain proper quoting?

FWIW I think pkglint is a beautiful yet terrible tool, bringing all these
troubles into the daylight.. great work!

iain