Re: Repeatable database corruption with mariadb1011-server 10.11.8

On Fri, 26 Jul 2024 at 19:02, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:

> I'm seeing non fixable database corruption on mariadb1011-server since
> the update to 10.11.8
>
> (non fixable in the sense that mariadb cannot fix it, and starting up
> innodb_force_recovery=7 to force readonly, then dump/restore... or a
> full wipe and reload is required)
>
> This is on NetBSD-10/amd64
>
> Prior to https://github.com/MariaDB/server/pull/3253 being added to
> the pkgsrc patches I would see "/etc/rc.d/mariadb stop" hang every
> time, leaving a corrupted database almost every time.
>
> Since that patch was added to pkgsrc "/etc/rc.d/mariadb stop" has
> stopped hanging, but I've had the test databases on my laptop
> corrupted three times (rebuilding ~36GB of database being somewhat
> time consuming). After the second time I switched back to 10.11.7
> binaries, and ran without issue for a while, then back to the latest
> 10.11.8 binaries and had corruption on the next but one
> shutdown/restart cycle.
>
> I'm about to switch back to 10.11.7 built against the latest pkgsrc to
> confirm the issue is still not present there.
>
> Is anyone else using mariadb1011-server 10.11.8 on NetBSD, and have
> they seen any issues?

Just an update - have been running mariadb-10.11.9 for about a week
now and have not seen the database corruption.

No guarantee as it's hard to prove a negative for an issue which did
not occur every time, but very encouraging :)

Thanks

David